School Logo

Newlands Community Primary School

Newlands Cares

Get in touch


Dear Parents/Carers                                
People who suffer from nut allergies can develop a severe, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction.    If someone has a nut allergy it is not just eating nuts that can cause a severe reaction, just being touched on the skin or smelling the breath of someone who has had nuts or a product containing nuts can trigger anaphylactic shock (which can cause breathing and swallowing difficulties).
First aid staff in the school are trained to use the Epi-pens (an injection of adrenalin) which is required immediately if this happens. 
We cannot have nuts in school in any form. So please can we ask that you have no nut products in the lunch boxes or brought into the school as treats.
We appreciate that this is an additional thing for you to check but we know that you recognise the importance of this. We do have to insist that we are a nut free school